Amazon Sports

Monday 25 August 2014

Mario Balotelli: Liverpool complete £16m transfer



Italy striker Mario Balotelli has completed his £16m move to Liverpool from Serie A side AC Milan. 

The former Manchester City player, 24, agreed a long-term deal with the Merseyside outfit but will not feature against his old club on Monday night.

Balotelli left City 17 months ago after scoring 30 goals in three seasons.

"This transfer represents outstanding value for the club and I think we have done a really smart piece of business here," said Reds boss Brendan Rodgers.

Balotelli, who will wear the number 45 shirt, said he had made an error leaving England on in January 2013.

"I'm happy to be back because I left England and it was a mistake," he said. "I wanted to go to Italy, but I realised it was a mistake."

The former Inter Milan player added: "English football is generally better. English football is beautiful." 

No comments:

Post a Comment