Amazon Sports

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Papiss Cisse 'hungry' to fire goals for Newcastle United

 



Senegal forward Papiss Cisse is "hungry" to score the goals that will lift Newcastle United up the Premier League table and end their winless run.

Cisse, 29, had surgery on a damaged kneecap in May but has scored four goals in three games for the Magpies since his return last month.

The former Freiburg striker has already matched his goal tally for last term, managing the same figure from 27 games.

"I'm so hungry, I need to score more goals," Cisse told BBC Newcastle.

"It's important for me and the club, Newcastle are a big team and we need points.

"I feel good, I just have to work hard all the time and believe in myself."

His arrival from the Bundesliga in January 2012 was followed by 13 goals in 14 games at the back end of the campaign, helping the club to a fifth-place finish.

He managed 13 in all competitions the following campaign but struggled to make the same impact last term.

No comments:

Post a Comment