Amazon Sports

Thursday 13 March 2014

Robin van Persie says David Moyes is right man for Manchester United



Manchester United striker Robin van Persie says he wants wants to extend his contract at Old Trafford.
The 30-year-old has been dogged by claims he does not get on with manager David Moyes and it has even been suggested he may leave in the summer. 
 
Robin van Persie insists he is content at United.

"The truth is I'm very happy here," he said. "I signed for four years and I'd be delighted to stay longer, beyond the next two years I have on my contract."

 It has also been suggested that Van Persie has not been impressed by Moyes' training methods.
However, speaking in an interview conducted for the match programme, United Review , ahead of Sunday's encounter with old rivals Liverpool, he spoke in glowing terms about the manager's methods.

"There is no doubt I'm learning new things and progressing with David Moyes," he said. "The sessions we have on the training ground are fantastic and I'm learning a lot from them every day.

 "There is mutual respect between us and the work environment is actually good. He really wants things to work and I want the same."

Van Persie has admitted the huge amount of debate about his future is partly down to his limited public statements.

No comments:

Post a Comment